I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Thursday 21 December 2017

WHAT A WONDERFUL YEAR..........








Hello!

Tomorrow is our 33rd Wedding Anniversary.....   we had the ceremony on Customs Wharf here in Brisbane and then went on a cruise on the Brisbane River for the reception.  I wore a two piece suit purchased off the rack and I can still see the look on the ladies face when she asked was the suit for a special occasion.... yes, I said "I'm getting married in three weeks!"  The only time I wore a real wedding outfit was for a Fancy Dress Ball, my mum made the most beautiful outfit !  Happy days! both the wedding and the fancy dress!

I purchased another Miniature Sewing Machine.... this time an electric Essex.
Just unpacked, haven't sewn with it as yet!

I can't wait to have a play with it.  This machine now rounds out my collection of Essex Miniatures.  I think this will be enough miniature machines.... I have three Essex, one Singer 20 and a Vulcan Countess.  All of these machines do a chain stitch which I use for reverse embroidery.

On the sewing front I've been busy too.....


Christmas tee shirts

New hand sewing project - Teddy Bear's Picnic
pattern by The Red Boots Quilt Company



Christmas Coasters

My first try at making a hand towel with a buttonhole!!

I used the vintage Buttonholer attachment on my Singer 222K Featherweight - what perfect button holes!!  I had such a lot of fun learning about this attachment.  It is so easy to use!

I've finished all of the hand sewing on my Zoe Zebra Quilt - haven't taken a pic as yet, here's the quilt when I prepped it.
Zoe Zebra





Here is a sampling of my 2017 sewing
















Wishing you all a
Very Merry Christmas
and a Healthy, Happy
New Year


Cheers from Helen
Happy Sewing!!


No comments :

Post a Comment