I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Wednesday 20 September 2017

SURFIN' SAFARI


My Hawaiian Fat Quarter Slide quilt - yes it's finished!

I pieced this quilt on my Singer 201K and quilted it on my Sweet Sixteen

The fabrics are a mix of vintage 100% cotton mens shirts and modern retro Hawaiian fabrics



The backing fabric!  yes, little Hawaiian shirts  :-) . 




This quilt is for my darling niece and her partner.

I actually started this earlier in the year and had put it aside in the pile of "to quilt" quilts but just recently my niece was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and is currently undergoing treatment following her surgery so I quickly got the quilting done (I just love my Sweet Sixteen!!!) and sent it off in the Post yesterday.


I really love quilting on my Sweet Sixteen.  I did giant tropical leaves and flowers all over.  It is so much easier having the room to move the quilt top around (and this was a very big quilt!) and the machine is such a pleasure to sew on.


Happy Sewing!
Cheers from Helen

No comments :

Post a Comment