I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Thursday 5 January 2012

WHEN IS A BAG...... NOT A BAG?

edited by Helen...  apparently some of you are seeing black boxes with exclamation marks where there should be a photo!   I've googled about this and it's a widespread problem...  if you want to see these photos, you can always go to my flickr site or picasa site... thanks!
8/01/12.... I removed those initial four photos and replaced them with the photos directly from my IPhoto file on my computer.. we will see if these show up o.k.   Some days the black boxes were there, some days they were not!


when it's a   BOOK BAG!




I have just finished making this Book Bag... a pattern from Lilly Blossom...   WHAT A GREAT IDEA!

You can find Lilly Blossom     HERE      I enlarged the dimensions slightly, as my books are just a tad bigger than the original pattern but I will also make another Book Bag exactly to the instructions, just to see which books will fit.  The pattern uses a beaded bookmark but I used a piece of ribbon. 

What book am I reading?       Lola's Secret   by Monica McInerney        and loving it!


Happy Sewing!!
Helen



5 comments :

  1. I love Monica McInerney books! BTW some of your photos are displaying properly! ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen, What a great idea, I love your book bag. Photos are showing just fine for me.
    Tracee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if you could adapt this for Kindle. I love this idea. I am trying to move our Christmas gift giving to more handmade things and I am looking for ideas.

    ReplyDelete