I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Friday 24 December 2010

SEWING ON CHRISTMAS EVE!

Bridget's new christmas clothes
I made the shorts and bought the tee's and then appliqued patches from the shorts fabric.
I just used fusible web to iron on the patches, then went around the patch with my sewing machine!

Chloe's new christmas clothes
because she saw Bridget's and wanted the same

I have only just now finished the sewing for Chloe's shorts and tee's.  MH and I babysat Chloe (my great-niece, aged 5)  this past week and she was helping me to choose the applique's for Bridget's tops and commented how she would really really like the same.  Did I have enough fabric?  or the right size tee's..... NO ,  I did not!   So of course, on christmas eve, out I went and purchased more, came home and VOILA!

Happy Sewing!

5 comments :

  1. OH- what a whiz you are! I see two happy little girls come Christmas Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always seem to have one last gift to make and of course no mater how big the stash always need more fabric.
    Gorgeous sets, look cool and comfy.
    Enjoy Christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How kind of you to get out today and finish it for them.

    Merry christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness you're very industrious. I had family over last night and was busy stuffing my face and drinking to be sewing!

    The clothes sets are darling.

    Have a wonderful Christmas Day. Im about to start making salad and wait for all the other sleepheads in my house to get up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, personalized gifts are the best. I am sure they loved them. Have a Happy New Year! Steph

    ReplyDelete