I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Thursday 24 December 2009

CHRISTMAS EVE!

Well, it's finally here..... all the shopping, cleaning (lol), lunches, dinners, b.b.q's, more shopping, gift wrapping, and all the other pre-xmas things we do... will all be behind us in the morning. My tree is quite heavy with gifts (I went a little overboard - just love buying for little ones).

I went into "sewing overdrive" yesterday and today - I made B.B. a little shorts and tee shirt set for xmas and then a little patchwork xmas skirt! Today I finally made the new dolls pram cover - this was harder than I thought!!! It has come out o.k. - will have a pic of it tomorrow after we put it on the pram -- this pram belonged to her mother and it has been lovingly restored by B.B's Poppy.













The mailman brought me two lovely surprises this week.... patchwork postcards! A xmas tree from Angelika and a selvedge postcard from Linda - thank you!! These are the first postcards I have received .... I love them and want to learn how to do them myself ... something for the new year!

Well, it's time for a cool shower (very hot and humid tonight), a nice cup of tea and finish watching "High Noon".. an oldie but a goodie!!! I love watching old movies at this time of year.

Have a safe and happy Christmas,

Helen

1 comment :

  1. Hi Helen,

    Thanks so much for my gift in the mail yesterday, I was very excited, I am thinking of using this as a coaster, being I have timber benchtops in my sewing room and I rarely have a cuppa, when sewing, for fear of it being marked, so now I can have a cuppa!! Thanks Heaps!!

    Your collecting a great number of siggies and your T and Shorts look great.. Well Done!!

    Once again Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    Happy Quilting
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete